Fall High School Achievements Round-up

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

Editor’s Note: We know this round up is not comprehensive; however, and we want to share achievements of all students in the Memo circulation area. Help us by emailing editor@midcountymemo.com your student and school’s achievement(s) anytime, but...
Read More

82nd Avenue Improvements Planned

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

The Oregon Department of Transportation, which currently has jurisdiction over 82nd Avenue, kicked off its 82nd Avenue of Roses Implementation Plan last month. In many ways, 82nd Avenue is the best of roads and the worst of roads. Alongside...
Read More

Gateway Park, Public Plaza Plans Proceed

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

Landscape architects will soon begin designing Gateway Park and Urban Plaza, with construction crews likely hitting the ground as early as next summer. Portland Parks & Recreation, which owns the 3.2-acre parcel at Northeast 106th Avenue and...
Read More

Windscape Letters Blow Us Away

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

Windscape, the landscape sculpture of red poles and custom masonry in the traffic jug handle at Northeast 102nd Avenue and Weidler Street (“Vandalism blows Windscape away” November 2014 MCM). Moreover, the sentiments expressed were universal:...
Read More

Football Success Energizes Community

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

Parkrose wrapped up its best football season in decades, losing a first-round playoff game to Springfield last month. Not only did the senior-laden team have a winning record overall—6-4, 6-3 Northwest Oregon Conference—but it also made it to the...
Read More

December 2014 – Oregon Lottery

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

October Oregon Lottery results for Mid-county In 2013, Oregonians spent in the neighborhood of $91 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. Of that amount, about 69 percent is spent playing video games and the remaining 31 percent to play...
Read More

December 2014 – Restaurant Ratings

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

Health Inspectors conduct unannounced inspections of food service establishments. A restaurant must receive a score of 70 to pass the inspection. Re-inspections are not scored. County inspectors ensure food safety by evaluating food worker habits...
Read More

December 2014 – Meals On Wheels

Posted by on Dec 3, 2014

A list of meals served this month by Meals on Wheels in east Portland followings. Meals are served at noon, Monday through Friday, at the Cherry Blossom Senior Services Office in the East Portland Community Center, 740 S.E. 106th Ave. There is a...
Read More