In the fiscal year ending June 2015,* Oregonians spent in the neighborhood of $88 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. Of that amount, about 71 percent is spent playing video games. The remaining 29 percent is spent on traditional games: Scratch-Its, Keno, Powerball and Megabucks. Retailers offering these products are paid a commission.

This chart shows sales and commissions by area businesses for August 2016. Businesses not offering video games are not included.

Of the top 10 retail locations in the state last year, four are right here in east Portland: Shari’s on Airport Way, Dotty’s at Mall 205, Elmer’s in Parkrose and the Glass House Tavern on Sandy Boulevard. These locations had about $5.3 million in sales of video lottery products last year.

*We’ll update when fiscal year 2016 is available. 

(or you can download a copy here: oct2016_lottery)