In the fiscal year ending June 2015, Oregonians spent around $88 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. Of that amount, about 71 percent was spent playing video games; the remaining 29 percent was spent playing traditional games: Scratch-Its, Keno, Powerball and Megabucks. Retailers offering these products are paid a commission. This chart shows the sales and commissions by area businesses for May 2016. Businesses not offering video games are not included. Of the top 10 retail locations in the state last year, four are right here in Mid-county: Shari’s on Airport Way, Dotty’s at Mall 205, Elmer’s in Parkrose and the Glass House Tavern on Sandy Boulevard. These locations had about $5.3 million in sales of video lottery products last year. In May, the top three retailers in our area were Maddy’s in Parkrose, Shari’s on Airport Way and Paddy’s on 122nd.

(or download a copy here: july16_lottery)