In the fiscal year ending in June, 2015, Oregonians spent around $88 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. Of that, about 71 percent is spent playing video games, with the remaining 29 percent spent on traditional games: Keno, Powerball, Megabucks and scratch-its. Retailers are paid a commission for offering these products. The chart below shows area businesses’ sales and commissions for October 2015. Businesses not offering video games are not included. Of the top 10 retail locations in the state last year, four are in Mid-county: Shari’s on Airport Way, Dotty’s at Mall 205, the Parkrose Elmer’s and the Glass House Tavern on Sandy Boulevard. These locations had about $5.3 million in sales of video lottery products last year. In October, the top three retailers in our area were Shari’s on Airport Way, Parkrose Elmer’s and Dotty’s at San Rafael.

(or you can download a copy here: MCMemo_Dec2015_Lottery)