In the fiscal year ending June 2014, Oregonians spent in the neighborhood of $91 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. About 69 percent is spent playing video games; the remaining 31 percent is spent on traditional games: Keno, Powerball, Scratch-its, and Megabucks. Retailers are paid a commission on all these sales. The chart below shows sales and commissions by area businesses for March 2015. Businesses not offering video games are not included. Of the top 10 retail locations in the state last year, three are in Mid-county: Original Joe’s on Northeast 102nd Avenue and Halsey Street, Shari’s on Airport Way and the Glass House Tavern on Sandy Boulevard. These locations sold about $1.5 million in lottery products last year. In March, the area’s top retailers were Parkrose’s Elmer’s, the Glass House Tavern and Shari’s on Airport Way.

(or you can download a copy here: MCM_May2015_Lottery)