In the fiscal year ending in June, 2014 Oregonians spent in the neighborhood of $91 million on Oregon Lottery products each month. Of that amount about 69 percent is spent playing video games the remaining 31 percent to play traditional games–scratch offs, Keno, Power Ball and Mega Bucks. Retailers that offer these products are paid a commission. This chart shows the sales and commissions by some area businesses for February 2015. Businesses not offering video games are not included. Of the top 10 retail locations in the state last year three are right here in Mid-county: Original Joe’s on Northeast 102nd Avenue and Halsey Street, Shari’s on Airport Way and the Glass House Tavern on Sandy Boulevard. These locations sold about $1.5 million in lottery products last year. In February the top three retailers in our area were Elmer’s in Parkrose, Dotty’s Mall 205 and Glass House Tavern.

(or download a copy here: MCM_April2015_Lottery)